The Men’s Rites of Passage (MROP) program is a four-night/five-day deeply prayerful and soulful experience that builds on the classic patterns of male initiation through moving rituals and teachings. Each day includes group prayer, major teachings on central themes in masculine spirituality, quiet time for refection, and sharing in the context of a small group.
When: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 3:00pm
Where: Aravaipa Canyon Ranch
Contact: Al Selder
The MROP is...
- A personal discovery about masculine spirituality and “the Holy Mystery.”
- A time to savor the healing and awesome power of nature.
- A process to address issues of loss, grief, and relationships with your father and other male authority figures.
- An opportunity to examine life’s priorities and ask courageous questions about your “next step.”
- An invitation to listen to the “quiet voice of God.”
- A chance to return to life with a renewed commitment to sharing your gifts.
The MROP isn't...
- A traditional, lecture-based retreat.
- An informational workshop about men’s
- A sensitivity-training or deprivation experience.
- A threatening process that requires participants
- to engage in anything strange or unsafe.
- A test of physical stamina.
The MROP is a program developed by Fr. Richard Rohr. Illuman has been entrusted with maintaining the integrity and expansion of this work.
Step One - Pray and Prepare
The MROP is not just another event to attend, nor is it something to “ x” some condition in your life. It is a decision that should come out of prayer; you should know in your “gut” that God is inviting you into it. You might also talk to others who have gone through the MROP.
Step Two - Go Online and Read
When you’re ready, visit the website for the host chapter where you would like to participate in an MROP. Please take your time as you read and review the application and consider all the questions.
Step Three - Submit Application & Deposit
Submit your completed application, along with a $50 deposit, to the host chapter. If you are accepted, the deposit becomes non-refundable and is applicable to the final payment. Once received, the host chapter will contact you regarding the status of your application. If accepted, a full confirmation package will be sent to you with further instructions.
Step Four - Wait and Pray
The MROP is a life-changing opportunity. Spend the time before an MROP being present to additional inspiration and insight. Be aware of where your life’s journey is calling your attention.