Welcome to AZ MALES Spirituality
We're a community of men transforming other men through a power greater than ourselves.
AZ Males Spirituality (Arizona M.A.L.E.s) is a nonprofit organization for men who are simply interested in becoming better, more authentic men. We welcome all men to our work without regard for your ethnicity, class, education, sexual orientation, religion or any other characteristic that might make you feel excluded. Our programs and offerings focus on providing men with an opportunity to do their ‘inner work’ in the company of other men. We use ritual, teaching and ways of communicating that allow men to create an environment where men can explore what matters to them most.
We foster an environment where:
- Men can speak without being judged or shamed
- Men can both speak about their emotions and be emotional
- Men can forge real and authentic relationships with other men
- Men can discuss real life challenges of the different roles we play – husband/partner, father, grandfather, provider, businessman, worker etc.
- Men who participate in our work receive support as they journey through life and face some of life’s toughest challenges and transitions. Our programs are centered in ritual experiences rather than in conceptual teachings. Illuman creates opportunities for men that we know they can’t find on their own or anywhere else.
This last Wednesday of February men will gather to sit in a circle we call "Illuman Men's Council" for growing the work of Illuman, reflection, contemplation, sharing and fellowship.
Friday, April 26, thru to Sunday April 28, 2019 men are invited to a rewilding event. Influenced by Bill Plotkin’s Wild Mind and the work of the Animas Valley Institute, this rewilding weekend is designed to prepare for men for the Men's Rites of Passage, or to deepen the experience of those already initiated as they continue on the Journey of Illumination.
The Men’s Rites of Passage (MROP) program is a four-night/five-day deeply prayerful and soulful experience that builds on the classic patterns of male initiation through moving rituals and teachings. Each day includes group prayer, major teachings on central themes in masculine spirituality, quiet time for reflection, and sharing in the context of a small group.